TabNabber Tablature   Musician Supported

(5 years ago)
very helpful
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(5 years ago)
@Volt - Where did you learn your manners? I do not think 32nd notes are the rare gems you think they are. Good thing we didn't put 64th notes up there, jeez. But thanks for helping out with the additional details on the legatos (or "Lagatos", as you say).

There are many aspects of sheet music that are not covered (yet) on this page as it was simply meant to be a quick reference. But maybe we'll incorporate some of these tidbits of information further up on the page, minus the 'tude.

Hey @NewbieNeedsHelp, assuming you're still looking for an answer here 2 months later :P... I recommend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_signature
Volt
(5 years ago)
@BA: where did you learn to read music? You can do tabs great but when it comes to teaching actual sheet music you are not that great. I mean looking up at your example you just made it more difficult for people to learn. Most piano players, especially those who look through music on this site, will never see a 32nd note. Calling it 1/32 note is just funny. Its like you learned a dead language of music.

@harryb: the example you are talking about is not a tie but a Lagato marking for piano. It means everything inside the arch of the mark, the "tie" as you call it, is actually to be played as smooth or unbroken as possible. Just like the Slur marking on a Flute or any wind/string instrument. You will not hold E through to C, you will just play EGE/C as smooth as you can.
NewbieNeedsHelp
(5 years ago)
How to read key signatures?
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(5 years ago)
@Akash - This page is a description of piano sheet. What don't you understand?
Akash
(5 years ago)
Can u give a brief description on piano sheet to understand
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(5 years ago)
@harryb - What the? I don't think I've ever seen sheet notation like that before, did you just make that example up?

If not, post a link to it and I'll make up a better answer.
harryb
(5 years ago)
Not much said about how to play tied notes on piano. First note E (first bar) tied to first note Middle C (seccond Bar)3/4 timing. In between these notes is G & E (first bar)/E G E/C C C/ I under stand that you play the first E and hold the count for 4 beats (I belive I understand that correctly). What do I do with the notes G & E. Do I play them at all like in a slur on a flute or what?
Wow.
(6 years ago)
Are you guys seriously fighting about format? Be happy for what you've got. Tabnabber is a good website. behappy for it.
jimboo
(6 years ago)
this was extremely helpful for mee
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(6 years ago)
@Learjeff - thanks for the feedback. You'd have to agree that A# and Bb do have the same frequencies on the piano, so for the purposes of the "sheet music for pianists" section I believe the A# is acceptable (though not traditional). Having hung up my bow and rosin long ago I cannot speak for the violin. But you make a compelling argument, and I shall look into that.
Learjeff
(6 years ago)
attackattackrocks is right. In any major scale, you want every letter to appear. You want to see A, Bb, C ... not A, A#, C. That's what Read Mee means.

Furthermore, A# and Bb do not have the same frequencies. On a piano, each key actually corresponds to 3 different notes, and is tuned to the geometric mean of the three. But when playing a violin and not playing in a tempered scale, they're different notes.

This is a helpful page. You might want to make it accurate as well.
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(6 years ago)
@read mee: Read this! The B key is labeled in the keyboard picture. I don't know what you mean 'where is your B key'? Where is your B key?
read mee
(6 years ago)
where is your B key. you have to fix that. those dummies out there may not understand it
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(6 years ago)
@attackattackrocks - Conventional wisdom is that the note should be shown as a B flat, not an A sharp. Granted the musical scholar may consider it bad "musical grammar" to use them interchangeably. But is there ever an instance where Bb does not sound exactly like A#?

A# and Bb may serve different purposes for the music scholar but music is not composed solely with the intention of impressing the academics. A-sharp and B-flat are the exact same frequency, audibly indistinguishable.

For more information on this topic or how to quickly lose interest in it, see the following: http://jtauber.com/blog/2006/11/17/why_a-sharp_is_not_b-flat/
attackattackrocks

New Tabber
[New Recruit]
(6 years ago)
@BA It really should be B flat in the key of F...get your keys right.
beginner
(6 years ago)
this website helped me learn how to read the music
thanks so much!
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(6 years ago)
Yes 187.140... we DID list the note as A# and not Bb. And we did it on purpose. You got a problem with that?
Anonymous
(6 years ago)
The scale of F should be shown as being in the key of F Major, with a Flat indicated for B, i.e. it's not A# in the scale, but B flat.
MHD
yo yo yo yo
i can't understand anything!
i'm just settin' here trying to read these things.
all i wanna know is ( How to read music sheets )if you have a videos that would really help.

thanks,,,
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(7 years ago)
@Nawk: There is no difference between piano and trumpet sheet music, other than the key (or pitch) the song is written in.

@Socrates:
All the tabs are viewable as sheet music.

Nawk
(7 years ago)
Hey I played trumpet from 5-8grade so I know the basics as I still play in my spare time, I have a keyboard and I'm trying to learn the difference between piano and trumpet sheet music, but I can't find anything helpful. Any tips?
Socrates

New Tabber
[New Recruit]
(7 years ago)
What I am looking for is sheet music I can download from the internet. I can't see that this tabbing is going to help me.
Socrates
ia_egroj
(7 years ago)
hi,   it's so sad that i don't have any idea about piano chords..   i'm eager to know it..

i hope that there would be somebody , will send me the flute chords for REASON by Jong II YOung, a song from Endless Love, Korean Drama..

hoperful,
       ia_egroj
newbie
(7 years ago)
grrr.... i wanna know how to play so sick (female version) just the basic.. but i really can't get it, so hard, i don't understand.. i'm not that slow but i just can't figure it out how that goes.. can somebody help me please
abby123
(7 years ago)
i dont get it i want 2 no how 2 read notes when u play the black keys. and sharp, flat IM JUST A BEGINNER! i really wanna play eye of the tiger (survivor) and telefone (ladygaga) even if they're hard i dont wanna any chords just basic notes and no site can give me that and since they're either sheet music tht makes no sense like this site or only tell me the chrous (which i no by <3) i cant learn something so basic!!!!
yui
Shaynndnewbie
thanks a million
Tinypianonewbie
(7 years ago)
thanks now i dont need my brother to help me
Loraine
(7 years ago)
Great Site, looking forward now, in getting to grips with my keyboard :)
joey
(7 years ago)
can you make sheet music into piano tab that would be awesome thanks tabnabber!
Anonymous
Awsomenesssss
Brydie
(7 years ago)
It would be great if there was some basic songs for beginners, so that you can explain them to us. But otherwise AWESOME!
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(7 years ago)
Hey EMO, I'm assuming you're trying to print a tab in sheet music form. You could just print off the tabs, or... if you must print the sheet music, then you could take a print screen. (If you're on a PC, hold Ctrl and push the prntscrn key, then paste it into an image program like Paint).
I will assume this solves all your problems.
That'll be 5 dolla.
EMO ROCKER

New Tabber
[New Recruit]
(7 years ago)
i need a way to print sheet music! when i do, half the stuff goes off the page. even when i make it smaller and it looks right on print preveiw. i swear im gna explode!

how do i learn the music if i cant see it infront of me?
me
great
ray_expert
(7 years ago)
hey boss, can we make the guitar tab to sheet music converter dowloadable? so users can feel more convenient.
sunako-chan
(7 years ago)
i was just wondering how is it played when it includes sharps and flats??they're confusing
bizzle
nice work guys!
Anonymous
this is really great!
Bass1
(7 years ago)
when it said sheet music refrence i though it was goig to tell how long the notes were on the song i was looking at not stuff every musician should know.
jeffgordan75
nice    sexy
Sean Peters
(7 years ago)
awesome! it would be nice if the animated graphic included different timings / types of notes, though.
BA

Admin
[Admin]
(7 years ago)
Hello! We have now enabled commenting on this page, let us know what you think!

Comment on this tab
  Your Guest Name:
      [Member Login]
  Comments:

Don't understand the tab? See "How to Read Piano Tabs". Comments may be screened before posting. We will reject anything we find objectionable or unhelpful.

[54486 TabNabbers online]

Search Posters/Shirts:

22% off entire order using coupon code: TDOC22 (expires soon...)

Classical Music
Classical Music Poster
Buy at AllPosters.com

Musical Instrument Montage
Musical Montage
Buy at AllPosters.com

Piano Legs
Piano Legs

Rage Against the Machine
RAGE - Fabric

Our goal is to help you fill the world with music.
Download free piano / keyboard / synth / organ, saxophone, flute, clarinet, trumpet tablature, sheet music and chords.

2009 TabNabber.com - User Supported     ----|---  Contact us  ---|--- Advertising ---|---  Privacy Policy ---|---  Terms of Use  ---|